Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Song of the Day + Word of the Day - June 16, 2009

Sorry to do this late, quick + dirty, but the day got away from me, so ckearly I need a new leash.

The Song of the Day is a bonus song I listed in my Twitter feed - Al Green's Love + Happiness. I chose it because today people were encouraged to wear green in support of Iranians protesting the weekend election results. Since I exclusively wear black, I thought I should have a musical reference on Twitter. I figured that people might have thought I was trivializing the situation if I picked Green by Kermit the Frog, which would not have been my intent. So I selected a song to express my sincere hope that Iranians have an opportunity to experience Love + Happiness on thie own terms.

In that spirit, the word of the day is tenacity,which is the state or quality of being tough, firm, or persistent. Which I hope Iranis demonstrate and maintain in the face of an entrenched and highly unsympathetic fundamental regime.

No comments:

Post a Comment