Thursday, June 18, 2009

Song of the Day - June 18, 2009, with a bonus

Today's Song of the Day is the first time in a couple of days that I've embedded linky goodness. I thought I'd pick songs that never cease to make me smile today, and offered two such songs on Twitter. The first is an old song called Jolity Farm, and this version is done by the Bonzo Dog Band. As some of you will know, the Dogs were a British band that appeared on a kiddie show called Do Not Adjust Your Set. That program featured future Pythons Terry Jones, Michael Palin, Eric Idle and contributions from Terry Gilliam. So began a long association between the Pythons and Bonzo member Neil Innes, who wrote songs and skits for the troupe, and was a prime mover behind Idle's Beatles parody band, The Rutles.

The second song that never fails to make me laugh is The Rhyming Song as performed by the Muppets. If you haven't seen it before, I won't spoil it for you, but suffice to say that the whole thing dissolves in the kind of anarchy the Muppets were famous for. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment