Sunday, November 15, 2009

Verse: untitled

If not to imprint
what words cannot hint
what are these fingers for?

If not to divine
those things clandestine
what are these lips for?

If not to sigh
when love passes by
what are these lungs for?

If not to resound
when kisses astound
what is the heart for?

If not to spite
and illuminate the night
what are these eyes for?

If not to inspire
discovery and desire
what is this voice for?

If not to endure
the profane and impure
what is this faith for?

If not to commit
to sacrifice and submit
what is this love for?

If not to give
some hope while I live
what is this life for?

If not for you
then I don't know who
this verse is for

1 comment:

  1. I think I may print this out and hang it over my desk. Thank you for a rallying cry for that in me that I'm trying to quash to be more 'sensible'. Here's to romance and poetry!

    ReplyDelete