Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Verse doodles for February 10, 2010

I
You who would
embrace loneliness
like a scared child

you must let it go
it does not need
your sympathy

II
Come inside
this old house
filled with empty rooms

and I will sing
your name
in a minor key

III
In this modest room
the night arrives, and I sigh
pregnant with its dreams

IV
Holding my breath
and biting my tongue

lest the fears take shape
and infect everyone

V
investigate your condition
the source of your bliss

you will find it cannot be
arranged or transferred

but you
can be its steward

VI
Snowflakes
fluttering by my window

a reminder
to never sit still

and to never
lose myself in the crowd

VII
I have a mission
what I started long ago
remains unfinished
much like this verse

VIII
For whom
am I expressing
this longing
if you won't claim it?

No comments:

Post a Comment