Monday, February 8, 2010

Poetry Blow out for February 8, 2010

I
How ardently your
red lipstick clings to the rim
of your coffee cup

II
Hard bread for breakfast
soup for lunch, rice for dinner
you nourish my soul

III
I ride the slipstream
I make, I do, I go but
I rest in your love

IV
I don't think
heaven is
above your head

it is somewhere
below

it is wherever
your feet fall

V
Writing verse
is a lot like
playing mah jong
it depends upon
the variations
the matches
what you take away

VI
I come to this stage
tugging at souvenirs

I change identities
and often

now a soldier
not a son

now a brother
not a priest

so many roles
and so much to do

today I wake you
with clarion calls

Tomorrow I will inflame and
hang the treasonous

but more even than that
I want this

to take my leave
of you

when I'm done living
your imagined lives

and start living
mine

No comments:

Post a Comment